Wednesday, June 9, 2010

4 Months Old!

Olivia Faith is such a big girl! She is doing many incredible things!

Our favorite thing right now is how Olivia sings! Yes, I said SING! When we start singing to Livvy, she sings right back! She uses lots of different vowel sounds and has the sweetest little voice! The other day, when we turned VeggieTales on in the car, Olivia who had been just hanging out, let us know she was there with her singing. And, she is generally pretty quiet, but boy if she gets started talking, she will go on forever! She talked to Jeff and I one morning in bed for about 5 minutes! It was crazy and so fun!

IMG_6778
On her 4 month birthday!


IMG_6725
This is taken on 6/3, and on 5/3 was Olivia's first big attempts at lifting her head when on her tummy. Look at her now!

IMG_6788
6/12 - A little photo shoot with Mommy!





IMG_6806
In the past 2 weeks, she began playing with her toes, and she has started grabbing anything that gets within reach! Now, I have to be careful with keeping food away. Livvy loves to grab the pages of books while we're reading, and she loves sitting in my lap while Ellery is on one side and Kiran on the other during book time! Olivia just sits so quietly and seems to love looking at each page of the books.

Livvy is growing perfectly! At almost 3 months, she weighed 14 lbs and was 21 3/4 inches - 97th percentile! (still not convinced on the weight - a long story :) Now, she is wearing 6 months clothes, and it feels that she is moving into bigger clothes faster than brother and sister, though it might just be because time feels like it is moving way faster now!

One interesting thing is how much Olivia loves TV (okay, for clarification I'll add here that we don't actually let her watch tv - she just trys to)! Her head will literally do a 180 sometimes when we are talking to her, just to check out what's happening on TV. I definitely don't remember this with the other kiddos. I have wondered if it's because it's usually a kid show and that she likes the sounds of the voices. I'll have to pay more attention to this, but we usually just get to a place in the room where she can't see the tv.


IMG_2928
4/29 - First day to wear a bow most of the day at Kiran and Ellery's Family Fun Day at school!

IMG_6258
5/1 - Can life get any better than this? Livvy lights up the room with her smile when she sees Daddy at the end of the day.

IMG_6250
4/30 - I LOVE this one!


IMG_6281
Every single day, I wake up to these three kiddos and know that the job I have now is the best one I will ever have!

IMG_6283
Liv absolutely LOVES her big brother and sister! She watches them with her eyes open wide, head moving all around to keep up with their busy bodies! And, both of the big kids LOVE her. There is the occasional fight over who gets to be closer.

IMG_6291
5/5 - Livvy's first bath in her bigger girl bathtub! She really enjoys baths now!


IMG_6311
Livvy and Sophie!


IMG_6313
5/7 - She loves the mobile I got about 6 weeks ago. I can tell when Livvy is getting tired of being held or being in her swing, and I will take her to her bed. It is like she breathes a sigh of relief and is so happy to be in her little cozy corner of the world for a few minutes. She starts jabbering immediately and smiling as soon as she sees her mobile.



IMG_6324
5/11

IMG_6332
5/10 - Beginning to check out toys!


IMG_3271
Tummy Time! Livvy is beginning to like tummy time. She probably has not had as much practice as her big sister and brother because of our busy schedule and because I didn't think it would be awesome for her to get stepped on! Just kidding, mostly! Now that she is more vocal and bigger, I feel like the kids actually notice that she is on the floor! And, we are all having fun with tummy time these days!

IMG_3275



IMG_6726
6/3 - Wow! She's up on my hip now! A new way to carry our sweet girl! She started feeling so big girl to me as soon as this happened!


IMG_6742
Oh my goodness! Is this way too sweet or what? Also, in this picture, notice Olivia's hands. She is almost always holding her hands together if she is just hanging out. It is sooooooo adorable! Oh yes, I almost forgot the context of this picture. In case you were wondering, that is a toy lizard on Olivia's head, not an adorable bow from Aunt Nat (at least I don't think she's making lizard bows these days :) Yes, it has already begun - big brother torturing little sister and thinking it is hilarious - luckily Livvy doesn't know about all that stuff yet. She just thinks her brother is wonderful (and, he is, of course)!


IMG_6750
Olivia loves it when we talk to her!


IMG_6774



IMG_3332
Last week at big brother and sister's swim lessons


IMG_3231
What do you think? Does she look like Daddy?

IMG_6795

IMG_6803



IMG_6807

IMG_3234
3 Weeks ago, my friend Kristi exclaimed while we were at the park, "Is that a tooth?!" Well, it seemed to be a tooth by all my previous teeth experience and that of my friends. You could even feel it! But, if you check today, you'll just see a little bud under the gums. A false alarm? Weird! Who knows? Mysteries never cease with these babies!

IMG_6826

IMG_3162

Olivia goes along so well on all of our adventures. I found out today that she has quite the reputation. Apparently, she is known around town as being the "best baby" my friends have ever seen! I agree that she has an incredible disposition, and I think that when Livvy does get tired or frustrated or uncomfortable, her coping mechanism is falling asleep with these fingers in her mouth! She used to suck her thumb, but has now changed to 2 fingers for comfort. Another fun thing about Livvy is that she is the sleepyhead in this family! We've never had a late sleeper before! We will all get up and be eating breakfast or getting ready when we hear a very sweet call from our little girl. And, where do we find her? Well, it's about a 50/50 chance of her being in her own bed (which she loves) or right next to Mommy's spot in bed (which she loves even more)! She is quite the snuggler, day and night!

One other thing I remembered, Olivia is now "helping" us when we get her out of her swing or car seat! It's really cute!

I know that I am leaving out so many things about Livvy because it seems she is doing so many new things every day! I'll share some more about our baby girl soon!

No comments: