Friday, August 20, 2010

I Love Kindergarten!

My name is Kiran. I just finished my first two days of Kindergarten! I really like my teacher, Ms. R. She is very kind, and I know she is cool because she told me that one of her favorite movies of all time is "Star Wars!!!"

IMG_4098

This is me on my first day of school. My R2-D2 shirt and my new Millennium Falcon shoes were perfect for the first day!

IMG_4106
These are some of my school supplies.

IMG_4101
This is my dad and me.

IMG_4103
My mom and me

IMG_4105
My whole family outside my new school

IMG_4094
This is my dad, my sister and me the night before my first day reading "Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten." This is my favorite book about Kindergarten!

In class, I sit at the yellow table. I have a green chair, and green is my favorite color! My favorite things to do so far in class are play with blocks and Legos.

One of my best friends is in my class, and I have already met lots of other great friends.

I think I am ready for school because I know . . .
all of my uppercase and lowercase letters.
how to write my name.
how to count to 100.
how to do easy addition.
how to sound out letters.
how to read simple words.
how to write simple sentences with help.
how to follow instructions.
how to be polite and respectful.
how to have fun!

I also think I'm ready because . . .
I am adventurous and curious.
I love books!
lately, I have liked drawing and coloring and all things art.
I love to meet new people!
I love to try new things and learn new things!

My first two days, I ate all of my lunch and was starving when Mom picked me up!

One day, we walked with bubbles (to help us be quiet) and ducktails (to help us keep our hands to ourselves) around the school on a tour.

I found out that I will get to go to some extra fun classes on different days of the week: Music, Technology, P.E., Art, and Library and Yoga. I am excited about recess every day, and our playground is really awesome!

My first day, I had a little trouble saying "goodbye." But, that night at bedtime, I asked Mom if I could go to school again the next day because I liked it so much! And, now, I want to go to school every day!

Kindergarten, Here I Come!


2 comments:

Natalie said...

Kiran we're so glad you had a great time at Kindergarten! We love you and think you're going to have a great year!

Mardi said...

Jeff and Ami,

This is such a great post -- you will always remember just what Kiran was like this day. I love all the photos but there is something magical about the Jeff and Kiran photo. Thanks for taking time to let us be part of this adventure. Love you all.