Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mischief!

Ellery has always been a little stinker, but recently, she has really outdone herself! 


1. She can be found hiding under things (like the kitchen table) with my bag next to her, and a piece of Orbit chewing gum in her mouth!



2. We constantly find her in the pantry sneaking appetizers before meals! 



3. Yesterday, she created very nice green drawings in marker (washable, thank heavens!) on our sofa and ottoman and chair! (Yes, it came out with my wonderful stain remover we got when we got the furniture!) This literally happened in seconds! And, the last one, happened after she climbed on the stool to get the markers back that had been taken from her and placed on the kitchen countertop! I've really got to be more on top of things!



4. But, today, Ellery REALLY showed off her sneaky talents! Kiran, the daily reporter on Ellery events, yelled while I was in the shower, "Mom, you've got to come see what Ellery is doing!" My response, "Kiran, I can't come right now; I'm in the shower!" Kiran: "But, Mom, Ellery put something in her hair." Me: "Is she doing something dangerous?" Kiran: "Yes! " (Pause) "No, it's not dangerous, but she put some kind of cream in her hair!" Me: "What kind of cream?" Kiran: "I don't know!" Me: "Kiran, did you take away the cream?" Kiran: "Yes!" Me: "Okay, Kiran, please gently take Ellery's hand and bring her into the bathroom." (Screaming) Kiran: "Mom, she won't come!" To which I promptly cut my shower short, grabbed a towel, called for Ellery, saw Ellery and saw Kiran running to me with an open container of none other than  . . . 




Ellery did not want her picture taken! 



A Mom's best first reaction: to laugh uncontrollably! 


By the way, this event took place 45 minutes before the kids' scheduled haircuts! Ellery's haircut will have to wait!

This is after 1 wash with kid's shampoo and 4 washes with Dawn dish soap!

Our funny, greasy little girl! 

And, what a helpful big brother she has! 

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Ellery-you are a mess! I loved hearing the story through Dad, but the pictures are even better! Love you all!