Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ready for Takeoff!

Daddy left for NYC this morning. We miss him already, but we hope he will have a great time. Kiran and I are working to be super creative this week with activities! Both kids are sick. As I type, I hear coughing and whimpers, then a settling back into sleep. They are getting better, but we stayed in today. Here are a few pictures of today and the past week.

We decided that since Daddy was going on an airplane today we should, too! Did you know that the Captain can double as the flight attendant! Luckily, Monkey and I were both co-pilots, so there was a very safe flight crew on board.
We had incredible passengers, though some of them were pretty picky about snacks, if you ask me.

The Cockpit! Can't you just hear those big engines (check out Kiran's lips)?!

We had such a blast! We even used Kiran's little radio w/ microphone as our radio for communicating with the control tower and to inform our passengers of weather conditions, safety features of the plane, beverages and snacks being served, and to remind them to turn off electronic devices!

You should know that a hammer is a must for the cockpit and a captain, apparently. Kiran was adorable serving everyone! I think that was his favorite part.

I think our plane will be back tomorrow! It felt like I was a kid again there for a few minutes. I really got into this (Of course, I have always loved planes and wanted to be a pilot - maybe in another lifetime. Today's adventure was plenty for me for now.)!


Bathtime - Ellery is crazy in the bathtub! She starts splashing as soon as she hits the water!


Kiran has really been into skateboarding lately. He usually just slides around on the floor in his socks, but yesterday, I decided he needed a "real" skateboard. A piece of cardboard can become anything, and a skateboard can double as a control panel in a cockpit!

And, sorry to disappoint you Gramps, but sometimes the only PJs clean are an unmatched top and bottom - guess my laundry secret is out! It's crazy keeping up! Trying to find matching socks is Jeff's favorite!
Some awesome jumps on the skateboard - I'm sure there is skateboard language to describe this, but I don't know what it is.
Of course, Ellery wanted Kiran's skateboard right away, so she got one, too!
Kiran loves to feed Ellery! He always gives her one or two bites, but yesterday morning, he practically served all of her breakfast!
Cleaning up oatmeal all by himself!
I just had to include this photo of Ellery. I think it captures one part of her personality well. She is curious about everything and I think I've said it before, but it is as though she is studying every object in great detail!

No comments: