Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Texas!

We had a wonderful time in TX visiting family! Kiran, Ellery, and I (Ami) spent a few days in Lamesa and Abilene. It was great to see everyone. And, I realized we hadn't been "home" in 2 years. We have met family in Dallas and Oklahoma, and of course family has come to TN, but it was so nice to feel the comforts of our parents' houses and the familiarity of our home towns. It definitely made me miss being close to friends and family. It seems now that Jeff and I miss home more when we go home than when we have a long stretch in TN. I guess we just realize what we are missing. Anyway, I say that with a grateful heart to have had the opportunity to go home and also to come back to our other wonderful home, Tennessee.

I don't have pictures of Tennessee to share because I decided not to take our big camera through the airport with 2 kids. Other family took pics and I have some on a throw-away camera. I'll try to get some pics from family up later under photos.

Some of Kiran's favorite experiences in TX:
1. Time with Grandad on the farm: working on the tractor and in the garden with his new work gloves, seeing cotton strippers, learning about cotton, just playing around outside, riding the tractor
2. Playing hide-and-seek with cousin Addie, Papa, and Cookie
3. Playing with Mommy's old toys with Granna: Little People airport, tractors, log cabin
4. Playing in Cookie's classroom
5. Fun bath times - everybody took turns giving baths!
6. Playing with Aunt Amanda and Uncle Kurt
7. Playing cars at Sal's house
8. Meeting and playing with his cousins in Lamesa
9. Playing in Cookie and Papa's backyard with Addie and Aunt Natalie

No comments: